Junior Summer Schools
About our Summer Schools
Bath Academy’s well-established Junior Summer School is the perfect choice for teenagers who want to study English in a beautiful city that is not only considered one of the safest in the UK, but is also full of culture and history.
Lessons focus on providing maximum time to practice speaking skills and enhance vocabulary based on topics all linked to the accompanying social programme.
We have updated our summer programme to include even more fun activities. Bath Academy offers fantastic residential accommodation, we have our own boarding accommodation followed by homestay options and if neccasary we have a local hostel YMCA all locations are located at a short distance to the Academy.
We welcome students from all over the world, including both individuals and groups. Aimed at 12-16 year olds, classes have a maximum of 13 students per class, and all our teachers are fully qualified English Language teaching professionals, vetted according to British Council and UK standards
You can choose to stay for 1, 2 or 3 weeks!
We also have a Residential Junior Summer School @ Milton Abbey which runs for 2 weeks, from 7 July to 21 July 2019. You can find out about this here. Exclusively for 9 to 16 year olds.
English Language Lesson
• 3 hours of General English each morning
• Placement testing & Welcome Pack
• Interactive classes based on current, trending topics
• Language Skills Workshop
• Mini-projects, Debates, and Drama skills
• Diverse mix of nationalities
• Students receive a student guide, map, bus timetable, information on what to see and do in Bath, and a wristband with emergency phone numbers
• Course length: 1, 2 or 3 weeks
• Certificate and personalised report at end of course
Activities & Excursions
• One full-day and one half-day excursion each week
• Action-packed afternoon sports and activities programme
• University Challenge
• Treasure Hunt
• Roman Baths
• Bristol Interactive Science Centre
• Drama Workshops
• London, Stonehenge, Oxford
*All activities/excursions subject to change and availability
To see an example timetable please click: Junior Summer School Timetable
Practice your English through fun and stimulating activities
Practice your English through fun activities
Fun and stimulating activities programme
Meet new international friends
Stay with native speaker host families or with your new friends!
- 12-16 Years of age*
- 15 hours of lesson time
- Unforgettable activities each afternoon/evening
- One half day excursion per week
- One full day excursion on each Saturday (optional excursion on Sundays)
- Home stay or residential accommodation
Please look at our SUMMER SCHOOL PAMPHLET 2018
* 17 year olds are accepted and may join the adult classes combined with the junior social programme. Milton Abbey accepts 9-16 year olds.
Why choose one of our Summer Schools?
- Maximum class size of 13
- Mini progress test each week
- Placement test on arrival
- All course materials and a student’s handbook (including information about classes, visits and advice for your stay) are provided
- End of course certificate and personalised report
- Staff to Student ratio is less than 1:15